INTRO

I recently discovered this treasure during my last visit helping clean out my parent's basement. Revisiting the characters, games, and publications I created as a child brought me to tears of laughter. I hope it does the same for you. I will be posting the work as I scan them. ENJOY!

I am now employed FT and would like any future donations to go to Child's Play; Penny Arcade's awesome fundraiser for kids in hospitals.

Thursday, August 19, 2010

BAD GUYS VS MECH MAN

GENERAL DOOM & MAJOR SPY
Gun-hands were big i the 80's; Hordak was prob my favorite. Why did She-Ra get the cooler bad guy? Even the little guy is important, "Major Spy", who else would make a better snoop than a little, evil bat?








THE SERPENT
I loved snakes. I loved king cobras. Hmmm, let's add some legs and arms with small missile launchers? Had to be a He-Man inspired character, just look at the belt, fuzzy shorts and legs.







UNTITLED
This was prob the first time I drew this character/machine. I do not recall ever naming it, but I drew a lot more. Funny how, this was def a man in a suit, but it became a mech type machine in other drawings, the head was actually the cockpit, etc but walked around like a large human (maybe my Voltron period?)

I was quite happy to have discovered a quick, easy way to draw tubing and hoses. We will see this guy again and again, maybe a name will be reveled as I dig deeper into the box of artwork. For now, let's refer to him as MechMan.

No comments:

Post a Comment