INTRO

I recently discovered this treasure during my last visit helping clean out my parent's basement. Revisiting the characters, games, and publications I created as a child brought me to tears of laughter. I hope it does the same for you. I will be posting the work as I scan them. ENJOY!

I am now employed FT and would like any future donations to go to Child's Play; Penny Arcade's awesome fundraiser for kids in hospitals.

Friday, October 29, 2010

MOTO ROADER COMIC BOOK

Ah, comic books. It was always exciting to go to the local comic shop and pick up a new issue with amazing heroes and villains. But home made comics were personal, funny, and uncensored! This comic is based on all my childhood friends as we got together to play video games every day after school. It is always more fun to rub elbows when you are taking smack vs wearing a headset in video games. Those were great times. In fact, we had a video game club that had required weekly meetings. I will be posting the club newsletters too (where now I realize I have been doing my profession of graphic design A LOT LONGER than I thought if I count those page layouts and design).

Moto Roader was a game on the TG-16 (HudsonSoft/NEC Turbo Graphx 16) game console which was introduced after the success of the original NES (Nintendo Entertainment System). The system had an attachment for multiplayer and Moto Roader was just that. This comic is loosely based on a typical afternoon with my friends somewhere between reality and gaming.

Most of my comics were done with my friends by my side, so we worked together for jokes and raced (no pun intended) to complete it. You can see how the drawings get looser and looser as the pages go on, this is mostly to blame because we were probably rolling on the floor laughing and/or beating each other for the previous joke or doodle drawing. The anticipation of completing a comic was so high and we were laughing so hard creating it we just wanted to be done. As boys will be boys, they are mostly mean jokes to each friend, filled with inside jokes, and making me (the artist) look as cool as possible. I have the slick helmet, cool name and bat mobile car in this issue. Take a look and.......enjoy?

VIEW OR DOWNLOAD THE PDF HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment