INTRO

I recently discovered this treasure during my last visit helping clean out my parent's basement. Revisiting the characters, games, and publications I created as a child brought me to tears of laughter. I hope it does the same for you. I will be posting the work as I scan them. ENJOY!

I am now employed FT and would like any future donations to go to Child's Play; Penny Arcade's awesome fundraiser for kids in hospitals.

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

CHILDHOOD PORTRAIT

This is a little left field of the norm, but still appropriate on the topic. I am the youngest from a family of six (if I was a girl, we would have been the Brady Bunch) and when we lived in Granite City, Illinois (attention world - the state is not pronounced "ill-a-noyssss" but "ILL-A-NOY") okay - moving on......there was a local neighbor/artist that my parents had make a 5x7 for every sibling. I have had this illustration ever since and had it inked on my left arm that is dedicated to child nostalgia and is being used as the center piece for the sleeve.




Here is the original framed piece, the tattoo work, and the woman's original biz card that was glued to the back of the frame. Meg of 12oz Studios worked her color magic and did a great job on the piece. I found a name match of the artist on facebook and wrote her to see if she is/was the same person.




1 comment: