INTRO

I recently discovered this treasure during my last visit helping clean out my parent's basement. Revisiting the characters, games, and publications I created as a child brought me to tears of laughter. I hope it does the same for you. I will be posting the work as I scan them. ENJOY!

I am now employed FT and would like any future donations to go to Child's Play; Penny Arcade's awesome fundraiser for kids in hospitals.

Sunday, November 7, 2010

"EVAN THE MUTATED ONE" Comic #1

Ah, let the weird, young boy humor continue. It's so odd how boys just like to make fun of each other. This comic has way too many inside jokes and confusing drawings. Evan was the new kid that moved into the area and was a little "off". A single child with some weird social skills, or lack there of. We were not so nice to him (or to each other) and we showed it through these comics. Evan's mutated variation reminds me of Rat Fink before I even knew who Fink was. Read it if you dare...and there will be 3 more. I think I will be keeping these within this post by simply updating it instead of adding more posts because if you didnt grow up on Lord Ct in the 80's you wont get 75% of the jokes. PDF comic after the break.



This started off as a day with friends and then quickly (page2) changed to the nightmare creation of a new character that spawned may doodles and comics. I remember even doing an airbrush of Evan. He loved the game four square and would not stop trying to get us all to play it. I think my favorite part of this issue is my ninja drawing - a helmet with a scarf. I used that joke waaaay too many times in multiple comics. Mostly because it continued to get laughs from my friends.


Evan the Mutated One #1
VIEW OR DOWNLOAD THE PDF HERE

1 comment:

  1. Matt!
    This just made my day. It's scary how much of it I actually remember. James forwarded me the link. I hope that everything's going well!
    -David

    ReplyDelete